Thanksgiving is just around the corner which means delicious food and lots of it! This pumpkin pie recipe is the perfect dessert for patients using medical cannabis. This treat is not only tasty but is healthy too!
For reliable dose sized amounts, replace the graham cracker crust with mini-crusts and take them to go.
For the Crust
10 sheets of low-fat graham crackers (about 1.5 cups of crumbs)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup melted organic coconut oil
For the Filling
2 cups canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
3-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 gram finely ground hash or keif (you can also use several drops of your favorite tincture or cannabis oil, depending on your tolerance.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using non-stick cooking spray, lightly spray a 9” pie pan.
- Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until they become fine crumbs.
- Transfer graham crackers to a bowl and mix in the cinnamon with a fork or a whisk.
- Add the melted coconut oil and mix together with a fork until well combined.
- Pour the crumb mixture into the prepared pie pan and press evenly across the bottom and up the sides to form a pie crust.
- Bake pie in preheated oven for about 7 minutes, then remove. Make sure to leave the oven on.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together and whisk them together until they are fully combined — pay attention to make sure that the cannabis is mixed evenly throughout.
- Pour the filling over the baked pie crust, return to oven, and bake for 55-60 minutes, until set.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let cool at room temperature for at least an hour.
- After an hour, place the pie in the refrigerator and let it cool for 3-4 hours or overnight before slicing and serving.
If desired, serve the pie with coconut whipped cream. You can follow the link for instructions on making coconut whipped cream here.
Note: the coconut milk will need to be in the fridge the day before so make sure you plan ahead!
This recipe was inspired by and adapted from Once Upon a Cutting Board.
cooking with cannabis
What’s your favorite healthy holiday dish to infuse? Comment below.